So I finally have a job that I feel like I'm going to stick with. I started at the Bancroft Hotel about a week ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I go in at midnight, do a bunch of paperwork, then sit around for a few hours and basically get paid to be awake at the hours I was usually awake for - except now I'm not costing myself sleep! I get off work at 7 am, ride my bike home 9 BLOCKS and sleep for several hours until K + M get home. It's rather wonderful.
I've had a few good times out with a certain girl lately. Having fun with her. If things were a bit different, or if I hadn't matured so much in the last few years, I might be a bit more smitten... but I'm trying to keep my head attatched to my body and my feet on the ground lately and focus on me a little more than I have in the past, and focusing too much on a female right now would not be good for that, not just yet.
Especially since I'm moving to Portland in July. Cause if I ended up with a girlfriend before that, I might not want to go... or I'd end up having to move in with her FAR too soon if she decided to come with. ALTHOUGH - I'm not ruling it out, who knows what could happen between now and July?
I'm trying to stop predicting my future. I've been far too controlling when it comes to my life, rather, certain aspects of it... i.e. my love life. I'm trying not to put too much stress on any situation that may or may not arise. Taking it easy. Because in the past I've put too much into having a g/f, and taking care of her - and end up neglecting myself and Jewell... my beautiful little girl.... who means more to me than anyone else ever will. That's right, sorry girls! You're lucky to come in 2nd in my life.... No one beats my Jujubee. :)
---------------------
K + M got bikes this week. All of us need new tires and/or rims... so we're still working on that. But all our bikes are currently rideable! We just want to customize them to our personal tastes... and Machine wants smaller tires, hers are bigger than mine even! and Kim's lol....
I love new bikes. And riding with great friends. So many adventures are possible in such a small time frame! Especially if everyone's down to ride a distance. I want to try to get everyone to ride from Berkeley to San Francisco with me sometime and bart back. We'll see how that goes.
---------------------
Time to get back to work! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment