So I went through some old MySpace messages today... and I was reminded of a vow I made to my friends at Pride last June... I told them I wouldn't have a girlfriend for at least a year. I'm realizing that it's been 9 months since then... so that year is drawing to a close. If I also remember correctly, I stated that I'd like to stay single for up to 2 years..... so maybe the reason for my staying single is because I spoke it into existance.... hm.
Well, this is what I speak into my life now. I vow to be the best person I can be. I vow to put my daughter and myself first, and not worry about whether or not I have a significant other. If I should happen to meet a girl and get to know her and we both decide to try a relationship, then I'd be totally down for that... if not, then I'm fine the way I am. I enjoy my freedom and my friendships, and my friendships-with-benefits.... (although it would be nice to have something meaningful) so at this point in my life, that's how it is.
********************************************************************************
Dear Universe:
Thank you for the lessons on patience. I have a feeling they are going to last a bit longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment