I've discovered that over the course of the last year or so, my favorite color has changed from green to yellow... so I looked up some facts about yellow. Enjoy.
YELLOW
Wisdom - Intellect - Enthusiasm - Joy - Optimism
Keywords
Clarity, perception, understanding, cheerfulness, expansiveness, motivation, leadership, learning, communication, creativity, curiosity productivity, health, blessing, enlightenment, intellect, stimulating, busy, bright, rich, sacred, solar magic.
Spiritually
Personal power, strength, sense of self worth, transformation, courage and laughter
Physically
Stomach, pancreas and liver
***********************************************************************
It is nearing the end of my first year of being a Berkeley resident, and I am happy to say that life couldn't be better. I had my tarot read today and it really got me thinking about things... and if you were there you'd know HOW this connects to the color yellow, but you'll just have to take my word for it. :)
I am going to cosmetology school, and am just about halfway through at this point, which means in January 2010 I will graduate, and shortly thereafter I will PASS my State Board Test and get my license. Speaking it into existence NOW so it will happen THEN.
I've had my job at the Bancroft Hotel since November of 2008, meaning I've been there for almost a year as well - hopefully I get a raise soon, haha. I can't believe I've been working over-nights for that long... it makes regular jobs seem a million miles away. I love that I've kept the same job for so long though, it's been awhile since I've had something for more than 2-3 months. It just works so well with my school schedule that I can't give it up. I still wish I could NOT work and just go to school, but since that's not an option, this job works nicely.
Also, since I moved to Berkeley I spend more time in San Francisco... and because of that I was able to spend time with Jenna, and get to know her very well... We met through several mutual friends and have been seeing each other since late February/early March?? (Officially since the end of May) I always forget, because I feel like we've been together for so long. We know each other so well and have so much in common that it's insane! I have never felt so in tune with another person before, it scares and excites me all in the same moment. Never have I known such true passion for someone, and not the immature kind I had the first time I was in love - no this... this is a very adult feeling. I know that she and I are meant to be together... for however long this is meant to last. I'd like to think that we'll be together for a very long time, and she has expressed the same feeling. It's good to finally be in a healthy, stable relationship. One where both parties know that they want to be with each other. I'm getting over a lot of my past relationship issues because of Jenna... she amazes me with her understanding of how things should be in a relationship, I didn't know people our age could be so mature. It's made me grow up in a sort of way that I didn't know I needed to, but it makes me feel like a more functional part of a relationship. I love that she helped me do that without changing who I am one single bit. <3
Amazingly enough, too, I am in the best living situation I've ever been in in my entire life. Living with one of my best friends, and two who are becoming very close friends to me. I couldn't ask for more. Everyone picks up after themselves, so our condo always looks amazing. We all cook dinner for each other in turns... we just honestly all love to take care of each other that much. We have a "family night out" that we just started, where we all go out to the city one night a week and just have a great time together. There are family movie nights, drinking games, and all sorts of other bonding experiences... we all just have such a great time together and have this open communication in the house where we ALL talk about everything - even what bothers us about each other, that way we can all be on the same page and make sure that everyone is happy and healthy and doing ok.
Never did I think that in one year living in this amazing town that I would be working a steady job, going to school for a career I'm going to love, have a roof over my head that I pay for, food in my stomach that I pay for, zero need for a car, an AMAZING girlfriend that I'm madly in love with and is crazy about me, and wonderful friends surrounding me. Life is just so full of luck, love and prosperity that I can't contain myself.
Thank you, Kim & Machine for taking me in for my first 5 1/2-6 months in town, and letting me be your couch guy. I hope the fact that I cleaned up after myself and make sure there was snacky-foods in the house all the time made up for my taking up most of the living room with my crap :) You two are the reason I am doing so well these days, and there is never any way that I will ever be able to repay you. I love you more than you two will ever realize and appreciate what you've done for me more than you will ever know. <3
*********************************************************
Yellow is full of creative and intellectual energy. Yellow symbolizes wisdom. Yellow means joy and happiness. Like the energy of a bright sunny day, yellow brings clarity and awareness. The shade of yellow determines its effect: Yellow-green can mean deceit, and creates a disoriented feeling. Orange-yellow imparts a sense of establishment. Clean light yellow clears the mind, making it active and alert. Wear yellow to present a cheery, uplifting effect. Use it around your office to help keep a clear your mind, and improve memory and decision making. Yellow is the color associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra. This chakra deals with identity. (www.crystal-cure.com)

Yellow has just about always been my favourite color. To me, it means sunflowers and daisies. Just thought I'd share.
ReplyDelete